Malta: The Leading ship registry in Europe
The Maltese ship registry offers a multitude of advantages:
- There are no restrictions on the nationality of Masters, Officers and Crew.
- There are no trading restrictions on Maltese ships.
- Straight forward and expeditious procedures for registration or deletion of vessels.
- A professional and efficient maritime administration backed by a qualified and efficient team of technical officers available 24/7 for urgent matters.
- The Malta Flag is a European Flag with a long maritime tradition.
- Ranks 1st in Europe with a total 77.2 million combined gross tonnes registered under the flag (2018) and 6th largest world-wide.
- On the White List of the Paris MoU and Tokyo MoU.
- Competitive ship registration and tonnage tax fees.
- The Maltese legal system is reliable thus offering robust protection to financiers.
Europe’s No. 1
Malta Register of Merchant is the largest is the sixth largest in the EU.
800 registered super-yachts
You got any issues? Get in touch!
6%+ of the World’s merchant
shipping Fleet Registered in Malta
3,000,000 Tourists annually
Malta’s is Tourism Magnet
300+ Days of Sunshine
A glorious weather all year round